Monday, May 24

We decided to stay an extra day in Omaha. The original plans were to go to Iowa and meet another quilting friend named Jan. However, she wrote and said her daughter was there and was taking her back to Wisconsin and the grandkids for a month. It was a disappointment, as we were to also meet Sandy from Minnesota and Barbee, also from Iowa.

I contacted Barbee and we decided to meet in Des Moines, Iowa, for breakfast on Tuesday.

So Monday, Henry and the girls went to the Omaha Zoo, upon recommendation from several people. It was rated the second best in the country, I think, with lots of different pavilions and natural habitat type areas for the wild animals.
We first stopped at the church to pack up our display stuff, then they dropped me off at the WalMart and went on to the zoo. I got some items then walked the mile back to the hotel. The wind was powerful. I had on a full skirt so it was a challenge to keep it from blowing all over the place while holding on to my purse and bag. I made it back in one piece, no worse for the wear.

After the family got back about 6:00 pm, we walked over to Burger King and ate dinner. I think we will try to eat at a different restaurant as much as possible while here. Salads are always good, even on the $1 menu.

No comments: