More garden images.

The sprout in the back left and in the center (with the remainder of last year's growth) are the beginnings of  Emperor Dahlia.  These grow to nine feet and bloom in November (maybe).  I  transplanted the root there in the center of the photo, as it was right next to the AC unit on the left.  
From my kitchen door, I see columbine, iris and red basil.  The blackberry bush is to the left. 
This bed is next to the Dahlia and next to the deck coming out of the church room.  The flowers in front left are called Shiran or bletilla striatta; a type of lily, I think. They are perennial and spread easily. 
This is a neighbor's lavendar and white iris, although it looks blue here.  I hope he'll share  some rhizomes  :-) 
My happy pinwheel--large and small spinning in opposite directions.  

No comments: