August 5-7, 2015, VA and MD


We stopped by the Artistic Artifacts Annex in Alexandria, VA, to pick up a Row by Row pattern and license plate.  This store features Australian fabrics and batiks.    http://www.artisticartifacts.com


Then we stopped by Henry's sister, Carolyn, in Herndon who babysits her grandson after preschool.  Noah is an active little 5 year old. 
We went to Fairfax Baptist Temple in Fairfax, VA, for the Wednesday night service.  This church has supported us for 25 years. 
Thursday the 6th, Christin drove me to LaPlata to the Material Girls Quilt Shop.  I picked up a big quilt that I had asked to be long arm quilted.  I visited here first in 2010.  This is a family-owned business and has grown big.  :-)
http://www.materialgirlsquilt.com/  
Georgie Culley did the quilting and I was able to meet her.  She will be getting future business from me.   :-)  Check out her website here:
www.thequiltinghouseva.com
Part of the Material Girls merchandise. 

Henry and I drove by the first house, actually basement, we lived in located in Camp Springs, MD.  The carport had been enclosed, and there was a circle of landscaped plants/flowers in the front yard, and the big tree was gone.  Nice improvements from 34 years ago.

We passed this yard of geese and ducks every day.
Miller's Farm has what appears to be a huge watermelon next to its store.  I don't think it's real because of what it is sitting on, but never went over to actually touch it.  Who knows? 

No comments: