September 8-10, 2015 Return home

The highway to Denver was mostly like this: flat. 
Passed this truck from Katy, TX...hi Teresa!
The entrance to Crown Hill Cemetery where my parents are entombed. 
Dad passed in 1994 and mom in 1979.  It's not often any of us get back here to visit, so I got some artificial flowers that will hopefully be there for a long time.  I had mixed emotions about seeing this again.  I'm thankful they gave me life, though before I met Jesus, it was not a happy one particularly. Siblings will know what I mean. 

The grounds outside the building.  

On a lighter note, my favorite billboards are the Chick-fil-A cows.  
One of the last flags seen before going to the airport.  I love the land of America.

Our flight left Denver at 6:00 am  on Wednesday, local time for San Francisco where we had about a six-hour layover.  We got to Seoul, Korea about 4:00 pm local time, then finally to Kobe after 8:00 pm on Thursday local time.  Special thanks to Dave Harris who left his family so he could take over the church for us.   God kept us safe for over 11,300 road miles, visiting 29 States,  long-lost family and friends along the way.  It was good to have the break and meet new friends as well.  God is good, all the time.  To Him be the glory.  

No comments: