Saturday, June 19


Henry went with Matthew this morning visiting the bus route, so I stayed here. This day I helped Mary clean up and organize her kitchen somewhat. At least a drawer and the plastic containers under the table got organized. She has done a wonderful job of cleaning the rest of the house and now needs to tackle the smaller spaces that are left. Having lived in Nigeria for many years, she has difficulty throwing anything away, so I am trying to remedy that little by little.
 

Saturday evening I prepared the gyudon dinner again; it was a big hit. Next time I will have to ask the butcher to shave the meat as it is easier to eat that way. This time I made the sauce using regular soy and adding sugar.
 

The Gills went to a local nursing home and held the weekly service there for the people. There is a lady named Mrs. Farmer that comes over here frequently. She is a widow and rather lonely I think, so she shows up at the door. Mary has asked her to unwind this big mess of yarn, so Mrs. Farmer just sits in an easy chair downstairs and rolls up balls of yarn and is happy when she gets one completed. She also help the Gills with the nursing home ministry.

No comments: