Monday, June 29


Since we were already near my friend Pam, we drove down to her place. But first we stopped at a JoAnns so I could use my gift card. Found several fabrics on sale and got a yard of each—penguins, pansies, patriotic things, a new ruler and some buttons for crafts.


We got to Pam's about noon I think, maybe sooner. Her dad was rocking on the porch and her mom was inside. I have not seen them since before I married, 27 years ago. They sound the same, just are way thinner than they should be. Then again, he is 92 and her mom is 88. Mr. Munro still is interested in model trains and is a part of the Baltimore Railroad Museum. Pam brought them down from their long-lived-in home in District Heights, MD, last week. It was decided they could not really manage the house and yard anymore. When Pam and her husband built their own home, they figured in an extra room just for them. He still drives, but for how much longer is anyone's guess. It was really good to see them again.


 

We returned home about 5:00 pm due to the heavy traffic going up I-95. That still baffles me. For all the time, money and years that governments have spent on road improvement, they still have not got it right. At 3:00 pm, traffic was backed up for miles coming out of DC south past Woodbridge and Quantico. I think there was talk of adding toll lanes to the HOV lanes in the hope that people would be willing to pay to get home faster. I suppose it would depend on how much tolls are for this brilliant government idea to prove itself useful.

No comments: