August 26-27, 2015 MO, NE, SD, and ND

This shop is in Camdenton, Mo.  I got a pattern but they did not have a license plate, so on to the next place just up the road.
This is the City's Edge Quilt Shop in Warsaw, MO where I got a pattern and a license plate.   It's a small shop with great fabrics and patterns. 


We passed through the home of Tate Stevens, whomever that may be.  He is famous enough to get his name on a water tower. 
An interesting bridge--looks like an illusion of some kind. 

One of my favorite billboards. 
Pastor Bentley's son and family took us to this restaurant--really good food.  If you are in Omaha, you need to try it.  
Henry speaking at Midwestern Baptist Church. They have supported us about 25 years.  Thursday morning Henry spoke to the kids in the Christian day school. 
 On Thursday we drove up to North Dakota to visit my Uncle and Aunt I have not seen in many years.
Stopped at this shop in Fargo, ND, for a pattern and license plate.  Another beautiful quilt shop as you can see from the next two pictures.  

  This is in Moorehead, MN across the river from Fargo.  Got a pattern here.

Seated: Aunt Dee, me and Uncle Francis, Sara and Henry standing.

They showed us how to play a couple of card games which they play regularly with the other people at their retirement home.  
My Uncle is 83 and Aunt Dee is about that age.  Married 38 years with many grandchildren and great grandchildren.  He is the last surviving member of my mom's family.





No comments: