Ono happenings #2

 

  Rice was planted in late May/early June 

  The rice is growing nicely in some very large fields  

This looks like a dinosaur to me--it's vines growing up the electrical pole and onto the wires.   


One of my gladiolas growing in the garden wall. 

I saw this bus pointing to a berry farm.  Have not gone there yet.  

Harvest from the garden.  The yellow/green thing is a zucchini, next is a huge cucumber, last is two tomatoes and a skinny carrot.  :-)  

I fried the large zucchini and substituted it for eggplant and made parmesean --baked in the oven.  Very Tasty.  found the recipe at All Recipies.com  


For Father's Day we passed out 8,000 flyers and two new families came, one with a young boy.  They are both from Tokyo and have been here just a few months and are Christians.  Please pray they will come regularly and get involved in the work here.  The last Sunday in July a new visitor came for the first time.  He is my Japanese teacher and teaches at a local high school during the day.  Friday nights there's a Japanese class for anyone who wants to take it (lots of foreigners in the area working at factories).    My teacher speaks English and I invited him a few months ago.  He said in August he could come when summer vacation starts.   :-)   


That catches you up on what's happening here in this part of Hyogo-ken

No comments: