Friday, May 7

Friday, May 7

Today was bright and sunny. And hot eventually. I mostly did some running around. First stop was Motor Vehicles where I was able to renew my license! Yes! Now I am good to go for another five years. It was also a quick trip to DMV; about 40 minutes total which was really nice.

After that I went looking for the Lens Crafters so I can get new glasses. However, I did not find it in the mall where their website said there was a store. The name did not appear on the store directory so I went looking, but still did not find it.
Alas, after I got back to the local library I accessed the internet and was able to get the phone number of the store. I called. It was in the mall, I just did not go far enough. So I made an appointment for Saturday morning.

For lunch I stopped by Panda Express where Matthew works and got lunch. It is good food. He asked if I would go over to Wendy’s where Joe works and get a frosted twistee with Oreo cookies. I may have to try that sometime.

Later in the afternoon I stopped by the church and talked to Mr. Dove for a few minutes, since I did not talk with him the night before. Then I went outside and found Mrs. Flowers and Mrs. Ricucci who were watching the late-stay kids on the playground. It was good to see them. Mr. Flowers was also there; he graduated from the college the night before. He is also about 60 years old, and did not intend to take classes and graduate, but was convinced to do so.

No comments: