Wednesday, July 21, 2010


We went to Woodlawn Baptist Church in Bowie, Maryland.
http://www.wbcbowie.org/index.html


 Pastor Tyson is a former student of Henry's when he taught high school. They exchanged some stories; it was funny. One of the questions Henry was always asked at school was, "May I go to the restroom?" Henry would reply, "Let me think about that for a second. No!" Pastor said he has used that line on his kids and could not remember from where it came. Now he knows. Mrs. Tyson was happy to finally meet Henry since her husband talks a lot about him.

Henry preached another message on A Cup of Cold Water and this night three people came forward to get saved. That was worth the late service. The people of Woodlawn are active, dynamic, diverse and growing. One of the families was on The Extreme Makeover program this year. 


http://www.gazette.net/stories/09032009/landnew192310_32522.shtml


It was a blessing to see this church and its people actively serving God and getting rewarded for it in this life. It is also good to see former students still serving God and enjoying it.


 

1 comment:

ozjane said...

My first year out teaching.....I had one little American boy. Prep.
He would say.....I NEED to go the bathroom. We say Please may I go to the toilet?
I said to his mother one day...does he always NEED to go when he says he does......she said...I have never been game to call his bluff.