The Bird on my Car

 Thursday this little bird had a fascination with our two vehicles.  It would cling to the rubber and look in the mirror and make a mess in the process.  Then it would hop on the mirror and make a mess there also.  It would fly from van to car and back and fly away when I came out the door to clean up his droppings.  All through the day it did the same thing and I cleaned up after it several times.  To prevent this, hopefully, I turned the mirrors in toward the car.  Well, the bird would just hop on the mirror as before, so it did not help much.  Wonder what it's thinking.


On Friday I was sitting in the dining room with my back to the sliding glass door and I hear a tap, tap, tap on the window.  Lo and behold, it was the same bird on the deck tapping the glass. Must have a thing for windows and mirrors.  It could be a female Daurian Redstart which is a winter bird in our area.   The male has a black face and wings with that white patch.  I will have to get some more pictures.

No comments: